Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Secret projects

Started work on Stevie's new project today- indulged myself in some studio time away from the domestic bliss. It's actually going to be a really nice project to work on, though whether it actually comes to fruition is something else entirely. At least it has inspired some urposeful scribbling, most of which involved nosing through the observers book of house plants for reference. Pencil wasn't working out, so 1 dog walk later, my head refreshed and soaked with the derbyshire drizzle, things started to come together. A workable strategy for composition still, however, eludes me, and my illustrations seem destined to float in voids a while longer,  poor things. Hand painted geometrics a la 70's mathematics text books seems the closest I have come to holding it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment