Monday, September 6, 2010

excerpt from elsewhere...

Cannot necessarily find time to populate everyhere with everything, so here's a lil' sneak from my other blog, as and when the whole post goes live...


"...He was accompanied by his ‘mate’- Vinnie, a strapping 6ft 6” bulk who appeared through my front doorway carrying a dozen 8ft steel scaffold pipes in one hand and a pneumatic drill in the other. He was a man mountain, and not least because of a thick bushy beard looked to me like a real actual Giant shipped straight to my house from the beanstalk of some fairy tale or other. He dropped the steel poles to the ground with a crash, turned to look at my gawping face, and grunted before heading back out to the van to retrieve more equipment. The stereotype portion of my brain was in full flow when he again returned to the room- I fancied that he had been hired by Kelvin specifically for this job on the grounds that he would make light work of chewing through the stone walls with his teeth and grinding the redundant brickwork to make his bread."


Apologies now for the over the top gass-bag style :)

No comments:

Post a Comment